Process System For Award Management
(SAM Registration or SAM Renewal) Via SAM.GOV Now!
Our Contracting Consultants will provide you step by step instructions on how to complete
your SAM Government Registration and Renewal or CCR/ORCA Migration.
What Is System for Award Management (SAM.GOV)?
System For Award Management or “SAM” is a website which is owned and operated by the U.S. Federal Government that consolidates all capabilities in the Central Contractor Registration “CCR”, the Online Representations and Certifications Applications “ORCA” and the Excluded Parties List System “EPLS”, all of which are now no longer in use or obsolete into one entity. Any of the capabilities used in other Federal Procurement or Awards Processes in the future will also be added to System For Award Management – SAM.
Federal law requires you to complete your SAM Government registration in addition to submitting a notarized letter before you can work as a federal contractor. Once you have completed this process (*completed correctly with no errors or omissions), your SAM registration will be issued and is valid for one calendar year from the date the registration is completed.
Your SAM.GOV registration must be renewed each year. We suggest contacting us early (at least 90 days) to renew to prevent any issues with future or pending contract awards, payments and vendor considerations. Working with a contract professional like Government Contract Registration alleviates these issues as we notify you in advance and begin the process to avoid any delays in your SAM GOV Renewal.
Congratulations on taking the first step! Enjoy the benefits of registering with SAM GOV (System for Award Management) now.
Complete the above Online SAM Government Registration Form for any of the following:
- You are filing a new SAM registration (formerly CCR registration and/or ORCA certification).
- You are renewing an existing SAM registration (formerly CCR registration and/or ORCA certification).
- You are a vendor in the private sector wanting to do business with any federal government entity/agency.
- You need an active SAM.gov (CCR) Registration in order to apply for grants at Grants.gov.
- You desire to acquire a DUNS number, CAGE code and/or MPIN for SAM Registration.
- You receive federal assistance and are a local or state government entity/agency or school/university.
- You wish to be eligible for FEMA contracts by becoming registered and certified.
- You are mandated to be registered and certified by your Authorized Contracting Officer (ACO) because you are a sub-contractor under a prime contractor.
- You wish to modify and optimize your Small Business Administration (SBA) profile.
*Attention: Due to the migration of the CCR & ORCA legacy systems to the System for Award Management (SAM), new entity registrations and renewals in SAM may take several weeks for approval.
Full Service SAM GOV Registration
Your SAM registration will be completed in half the normal time with accuracy. Our SAM GOV specialists have processed thousands of SAM registrations, and they have a full understanding of all phase, format and element changes that have recently occurred. They will monitor the IRS & CAGE code validation and communicate with the DLA until processed. Additional services completed for our clients are the DSBS, FBO, and FEMA registrations.
Why SAM or System for Award Management?
The System for award management was designed to streamline the process of both obtaining and procuring federal contracts by integrating the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance and all federal procurement systems into one.
This process is being split up into four phases with phase one including all functions from the following systems:
(FedReg) Federal Agency Registration
(ORCA) Online Representations and Certifications Application
(EPLS) Excluded Parties List System
What benefits are associated with being registered in SAM?
One system equals one user login and reduces the risk of not being properly registered in all required systems.
Virtually eliminates the requirement to enter the same information multiple times.
Eliminates multiple expiration dates reducing the possibility of missing a contract for improper registration.